Happy Dinagyang


Happy Dinagyang


Coming to Iloilo at the beginning of the year was a jackpot. There are some festivals that I could enjoy, starting from Dinagyang, Jaro, Salakayan, and a popular festival around the world, the Chinese New Year. Ilongos, the term to call Iloilo people, celebrate these festivals festively.


On 26, 27, and 28 of January, our friends from ISAT U took me to the festival of Dinagyang. This festival is one of the biggest festivals in Iloilo, everyone in the city celebrate it. It was a very memorable memory and very fun experience for me. This was my first time to join and enjoy such a very big festival.






 This festival is very big and it takes a very wide and long area to be held. Because of that, some main roads are closed for the smoothness of the event. In consequence, for the three days I enjoyed Dinagyang with my friends, we were walking. Only some roads that are opened, but the roads around the area of Dinagyang festival were closed and there were no transportations.


I also could enjoy the Salakayan festival but I missed Jaro festival because I had no time to enjoy it. Jaro festival was held in the area of Jaro. So according to the information that I got, it was really crowded in Jaro. I have ever passed Jaro area, so I know where and how the location is. Unfortunately, I did not capture the place at all.

Unfortunately, I could not enjoy the Chinese New Year festival. The Chinese New Year was in February 16th, but the climax of the festival was on February 22nd. On February 22nd, I had to go back to Indonesia, so I could not enjoy the parade of Chinese New Year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching Practice Activities Part III